Monday, June 15, 2009

B.B. King and more...

June 15, 2009

Holy Moly,


I wrote a whole evening's worth of blog, and when I thought I was sending it to the big blog spot in the sky, it disappeared into a black hole. I wrote all about BB King and the museum, my trip with Rest to Indianola. I'm going to just add the photos now, identify the folks, then write more in the morning.


Here is the first photo. Taken last Thursday, week ago, on my way to Rosdedale. I was stuck in road construction and decided to document the fields. You can see the truck behind me in the rearview mirror. Also, I guess you know this by now, but there is no more cotton in the Delta.

Soy beans, milo, corn...yuk! who wouldn't have some nice cotton blouses more than soy???



Here is a picture of the front of the B.B. Museum. It's worth the trip to Indianola to see it.






Below is a picture of B.B. talking to a woman from Arkansas (I think) who told him it was her birthday. He not only signed whatever it was she had to sign, he kissed her hand. She was about as happy as a woman could be. He is sitting on his new "Throne".

My friend Steve Cheseborough was there from Portland, Oregon.

Some of you may remember Steve from his days here at Ole Miss as a Southern Studies major. One of his major projects was his book, Blues Traveling. The museum gives his book away to new members, so he was there that day signing the books. It was fun to hang out with him. Here he is on the phone with Eden Brent, the fabulous pianist from Greenville.


Finally, the cutest man in the world is here below (not Bobby Rush), my husband Rest with Bobby. All in all, it was a fun and memorable day. After that we went to Carrollton, MS to the Carollton Market. There we saw the Rebel Flag flying over the courthouse (I believe that there and the Jefferson Davis home on the coast are the only PUBLIC places it flies anymore).






I am blessed with a very full and fun life. I've met hundreds of talented and kind people. I've danced with lots of them and photographed even more of them. One day, maybe this year, I hope to get a book done of my work, maybe of the musicians, maybe of the artists, maybe of just the great "ordinary" people I know.

Love to all,

Milly

No comments:

Post a Comment